The objective of this research was to identify and rank Top BBA institutes in India. The survey had three major modules to arrive at the analysis and final ranking i.e. Desk Research, Perceptual and Factual survey (Participatory Survey).
In order to get robust data the study was completed in the following phases –
Module 1 – Desk research
This module was a secondary research module. A comprehensive list of BBA institutes was generated with the help of internet, magazines and other publications. The various sources used for generation of BBA institutes list included:
- List of college/ institutes/ universities from previous surveys
- A discussion with industry experts to add/delete any Institute to ensure we have a comprehensive list
However, it is not possible to get an exhaustive list of Institute and include them in the survey. To give equal chance to all, we had an option of adding any new college/ institute name in the survey form if any respondent mentioned any name outside our list. Effectively, every BBA institutes had a chance of getting covered in the survey if their name was mentioned by the respondents.
Module 2 – Perceptual Survey
In this Module, a structured Questionnaire was administered to selected respondents including faculty, alumni, parents and students to arrive a a ranking and rating of BBA institutes. The sample selection was done using convenience , referral and snowball sampling method though the sample was spread out geographically to get better representation. More than 1500 sample survey was conducted across key cities.
The following key parameters were covered in Perceptual Rating
- Course Curriculum
- Industry Interaction
- Research Orientations & focus
- Global Exposure
- Value for Money
- Overall Brand Value
Module 3 – Factual Survey
In this module, more than 1250 BBA institutes were sent the factual data questionnaire and then rigorously followed up through different modes such as telephone, email.
The factual data sheet was focused on the following information areas:
- General information of the college/ institute: Establishment, College/ institute type, Affiliation etc.
- Courses offered & number of seats
- Intellectual capital
- Industry interface
- Potential to network
- Exchange programs & Global exposure
- Research Orientation & focus
- Alumni chapter
Analysis: Final Ranking of BBA institutes
A robust approach was followed to arrive at the final rankings. The step by step process is given below:
- Factual Score
- The information collected corresponded to similar parameters as in the perceptual survey
- A detailed scoring system was developed for each parameter
- The raw scores were weighted by their importance to arrive at weighted scores
- Perceptual Score
- Ratings on various parameters
- Calculating importance of various parameters to arrive at weights for each parameter – we used a regression model to arrive at the importance of various parameters
- Calculation of raw scores and weighted scores for each parameter
- Calculation of overall score for each college/ institute using importance weightages.
- The final rank was calculated for all those BBA institutes who had shared the factual data.
- Also, the list of top 10 institutes who scored high in Perceptual (but did not submit factual) were listed in an alphabetical order.
- Only those colleges / institutes who participated in the Factual Survey have been ranked in all modules.
- If the GAP between institutes is found very low, both institutes are awarded same rank in all modules.
- Institutes government funded/ getting grants is considered as Government Institute.
- Relatively newer college/ institutes who have less than 5 batches graduated out of their institutes were included in Emerging List.
Disclaimer: Present survey has been exclusively conducted by an independent Research Agency named Avance Field & Brand solutions LLP using stated methodology for arriving at given rankings. The publication house and its affiliates/employees/ authorized representatives/group companies are not responsible/ liable for the said rankings. Readers are advised to take an informed decision before acting upon the survey rankings.