The objective of this research was to identify and rank Top BBA Institutes in India. The research had 3 major modules i.e. Desk Research, Factual survey & Perceptual Rating survey followed by scientifically developed analysis & ranking process.
An extensive 9 weeks of fieldwork was conducted beginning the 3rd week of March 2017 to 3rd week of May 2017.
Total 1504 perceptual interviews were conducted across 16 cities.
MODULE 1 | DESK RESEARCH - LIST OF BBA INSTITUTES FOR THE SURVEY
The module 1 was a secondary research module. A comprehensive list of BBA Institutes was generated with the help of internet, magazines and other publications. The various sources used for generation of BBA college list included:
- List of Institutes/ universities from previous surveys
- A discussion with industry experts to add/ delete any college to ensure we have a comprehensive list
However, as it is not possible to get a completely exhaustive list of colleges and include them in the survey, we had option of adding any new college name in the survey form if any respondent mentioned any college name outside our list. Effectively, every BBA college had a chance of getting covered in the survey if their name was mentioned by the respondents.
MODULE 2 | FACTUAL DATA COLLECTION
In module 2, more than 700 BBA Institutes were sent the factual data questionnaire and then rigorously followed up through different modes such as telephone, email and even face-to-face, if required.
The factual data sheet was focused on the following information areas:
- General information of the college: Establishment, College type, Affiliation etc.
- Courses offered & number of seats
- Industry interface
- Potential to network
- Exchange programs & Global exposure
- Research Orientation & focus
- Alumni chapter
MODULE 3 | PERCEPTUAL SURVEY
In the Perceptual Survey Module, a structured Questionnaire was administered to selected respondents including HR professionals, faculty, parent, alumni, current students, aspiring students to arrive a ranking and rating of BBA Institutes. The sample selection was done using convenience sampling method though the sample was spread out geographically to get better representation. Survey was conducted in across 16 cities i.e. Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmadabad, Chandigarh, Pune, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kochi and Ranchi. The geographical spread of the sample was ensured by selecting multiple starting points spread across the cities.
The following key parameters were covered in Perceptual Rating
- Academic Excellence
- Industry Interaction
- All round Personality Development
- Overall Brand Value
ANALYSIS: FINAL RANKING OF BBA INSTITUTES
A robust approach was followed to arrive at the final rankings. The step by step process is given below:
- Factual Score
- The information collected corresponded to similar parameters as in the perceptual survey
- A detailed scoring system was developed for each parameter
- After assigning scores to each parameter, raw scores were calculated
- The raw scores were weighted by their importance to arrive at weighted scores
- Perceptual Score
- Ratings on various parameters for each college
- Calculating importance of various parameters to arrive at weights for each parameter – we used a regression model to arrive at the importance of various parameters
- Calculation of raw scores and weighted scores for each parameter
- Calculation of overall score for each college using importance weightages.
- The final rank was calculated for all those BBA Institutes who had shared the factual data. For the convenience of the readers, we have also listed BBA Institutes who had a good Perceptual score (but did not submit factual) in an alphabetical order even though they have not been included in the rankings.
- Any college which expressly stated that it did not wish to participate in ranking process and expressed their desire to exclude their name from the ranking list, are not featured in the survey
- Relatively newer Institutes who have less than 5 batches graduated out of their Institutes were included in BBA Emerging College List.
Note: Present survey has been conducted by an independent Research Agency named i3RC Insights Pvt. Ltd. (i3RC) using stated methodology for arriving at given rankings.